Auto Insurance Information
Every day we hear about cars being stolen or people becoming injured in traffic accidents.
There are too many risks to go without top quality auto insurance. It is not only illegal to be uninsured in New York, but the costs of lawsuits and medical care could be financially devastating. When you need auto insurance, you want to be certain that you are getting the best possible deal along with the best possible protection.
Since 1993, Pepe Insurance Agency has been providing auto insurance to the residents of Poughquag and the surrounding areas within Dutchess County, NY. We pride ourselves on offering our customers responsive, competent and excellent customer service. Our customers are the most important part of our business. We work tirelessly to find you the best auto insurance for the best price. We want to ensure your complete satisfaction, now and for as long you are our customer.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss should you be involved in an accident. In New York, it is requirement that you carry auto insurance. It is a contract between you and your insurance company. You agree to pay the premium, and in exchange, your insurance company agrees to pay your auto-related financial losses during the term of your policy.
Car insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage. There are six basic coverage areas that your auto policy will include:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
- Collision coverage pays for damages resulting from collisions with another car or object.
- Comprehensive coverage provides coverage for accidents other than collisions with a car or object. This can include damage or loss from theft, fire, weather, or other such occurrences.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist coverage provides coverage and protects against car accidents involving you and uninsured driver.
New York requires you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may require you to have comprehensive and collision coverage. Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you are in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding car insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
For More Information
Online Defensive Driving Course
Save 10% and up to 4 points reduction on your auto insurance with an online course from Improv. Sign up today!
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.