Auto Insurance Information
What is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance provides financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise. Auto insurance may also offer financial protection against theft of the vehicle and damage to the vehicle, sustained from things other than traffic collisions.
Auto or car insurance has two parts: liability protection and damage to your vehicle.
This first part is the liability section of the policy. It covers your financial responsibility for injuring others with your vehicle.
Liability coverage is mandatory in New York. Required coverages include:
- Bodily injury liability - for injuries the policyholder causes to someone else
- Property damage liability - for damage the policyholder causes to someone else's property
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - for treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder's car.
- Uninsured Motorists Coverage - for costs resulting from an accident including a driver who does not have insurance or a hit-and-run driver.
Damage to your vehicle
The second part of auto insurance covers the car itself and includes these coverages:
- Collision - this coverage pays for damages resulting from collisions with another car or object.
- Comprehensive - this coverage provides coverage for accident other than collisions with a car or object. This can include damage or loss from theft, fire, weather, or other such occurrences.
These coverages may or may not be optional. If you're financing a car, your lender could require you to buy comprehensive and collision coverage. You also have the option to purchase additional PIP and medical payments at an additional premium.
Let us help you find the best value
At Pepe Insurance Agency, we work with top rated auto insurance companies and compare options to find the best balance of cost and coverage that meets your needs. We help you compare those options, look for discounts, and focus on maximizing your coverage in a way that fits your budget. We want you to have peace of mind that you and those you care about are protected.
For more information
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.