The number of microbreweries, craft breweries and brewpubs in the U.S. has exploded in the last decade or so. There are over 2,300 breweries or brewpubs in the U.S., and each one is as unique as the one across the street. In New York state alone, there are over 300 beer breweries, as well as numerous brewpubs and bars. The consumption of craft beer has grown to be part of the state's culture.
Starting a brewery from the ground up is not for the faint of heart. Just like starting any other business from scratch, it is very hard work. It is not all free beer and endless good times. The owner of the brewery not only needs to sell a product that people want, but he or she needs to make sure they have the right insurance to be successful. Pepe Insurance Agency can help you find the right coverage for your brewery and keep your hopped-up dreams afloat.
There are a number of risks involved relating to the manufacturing of beer, any food or drink you sell, brewery tours, on-site events, and more. The specifics of your brewery insurance plan depends on the type of brewery (large brewery, microbrewery, craft brewery, etc.) and whether you offer a tasting room, restaurant, pub, or other on-site operations like axe-throwing or lawn darts. All of those activities need to be taken into account when creating your insurance plan.
You must prepare for unexpected events that can damage property, suspend production, injure customers or employees, and cause serious financial issues. There are many scenarios that can happen. The following are examples of scenarios that could potentially happen.
- A batch is contaminated or spoiled and must be destroyed or removed from the marketplace.
- A customer is involved in an alcohol-related car accident after leaving your tasting room or brewpub.
- Vital equipment or machinery unexpectedly breaks down, leading to property damage, loss of inventory or product, and extended downtime.
- A customer, vendor or delivery person slips, trips, or falls on your property.
- Guests on your property damage equipment or other business property.
- Unfinished or completed beer leaks or spills from a storage tank.
- Weather events, fire, theft, or vandalism damages or destroys your buildings and contents.
- Beer in storage or in transit is damaged or destroyed.
Brewery Insurance Policies
Many insurance companies have special packages designed exclusively for breweries. Here is a list of possible policies that you could need for your brewery.
- Business property coverage
- Tank collapse coverage
- Tank leakage coverage
- Restaurant property coverage
- General liability insurance
- Equipment breakdown
- Contamination and spoilage
- Liquor liability
- Commercial auto insurance
- Crime coverage
- Workers' compensation
- Cyber liability insurance
- Product recall coverage
- Employment practices liability
Where to Find Brewery Insurance
Whether you are a large brewery or a small brewpub, you need brewery insurance that is tailored precisely for your business. By working with us, we can get you quotes from some of the best insurance companies that specialize in breweries.
Call us today at (845) 724-3031 or request a business insurance quote via our website!
For more information
Five Questions For Every Business Owner To Ask Their Agent
When Do You Need Business Auto Insurance?
I Want To Open a Pizzeria. What Insurance Do I Need?