Insurance for Youth Sports Teams
If your weekend is anything like Anthony Pepe, you are standing on a field, a court, a dugout, the sidelines, or the grandstands of your child's sporting event.
You could be even more involved such as Anthony Pepe in that you are a team manager, coach, assistant coach, or an executive within the sports club. Both of Anthony's children participate in girl's softball. One is a pitcher and the other one is a catcher.
Youth sports are a very big activity in our area of Dutchess County, NY. They are a national and enjoyful pastime not just for the team members, but for the entire family. A good time is shared by everyone. Team spirit, goods sportmanship, and forever friendships are built within and among the teams. On any given day, you see multitudes of teams practicing and playing many different types of sports throughout your community.
However, when you are on the grandstands cheering for your child, insurance is never on anyone's mind (except insurance agents like Anthony Pepe!). There is so much to do with just running the teams during the season and off-season (what off-season!) that nobody stops to think about the insurance aspect of running youth teams. Coaches, players and fans are having a great time but sometimes things go wrong.
A player experiences a concussion when tackled, someone is hit in the head with a softball, or a foul ball hits a spectator or a car. In order to fully enjoy your team and your sport, you need to insure yourself and participants from liability and injuries. Youth sports team insurance is specifically designed to protect youth and sports teams from all these risks
That is where Pepe Insurance Agency comes in! The good thing about Anthony Pepe not only being a softball parent and coach, he is also an insurance agent. He knows the ins and outs of how these team operate and he knows what coverage you need to purchase to make sure the team is adequately insured for any type of liability or loss.
Ask Anthony and Pepe Insurance Agency to spend their time providing the insurance coverages to meet your organization's needs so you can can spend more time building strong athletes.
What Does Youth Sports Team Insurance Cover?
The insurance includes a combination of risk protections that insure teams, leagues, associations, and club against the risks of youth sports. You can purchase a complete package or custom design a policy that meets the needs of your particular organization or sport.
Liability is a very important part of this policy. It protects the organizations, participants, volunteers, and employees if a claim arises from a covered activity such as organized and supervised practices, try-outs, tournaments, play-offs and other events.
Important coverages that you need to consider and we can provide are:
Comprehensive general liability
General Liability covers certain lawsuits arising from an accident causing bodily injury and property damage due to the alleged negligence of the sports or recreation organization.
- A father was attending his son's baseball game. While waiting for the game to begin, the man was struck in the head with a ball, resulting in him falling that resulted in a head fracture and blood clot. The man who was injured files a lawsuit for pain and suffering against the organization.
Abuse and molestation
- During a out of town weekend tournament, a player is sexually molested by a coach. The player's parents sue the organization's abuse and molestation coverage for bodily injury and mental anguish.
Property Damage Coverage
- The local basketball organization's storage trailer was broken into by vandals. All the uniforms for the teams were stolen, as well as other miscellaneous sports equipment. The organization suffers a loss of $10,000 as a result of the stolen property.
Sports and recreation professional liability
Professional Liability policy covers certain lawsuits alleging purely economic damages arising out of the performance of member services with no accompanying bodily injury or property damage. This generally includes personal injury and advertising liability.
- A player alleges that improper instruction by a coach resulted in the loss of an athletic scholarship or professional sports career.
- A member team/league alleges financial losses due to negligent management or financial advice provided by the sanctioning sports organization.
Participant Liability and Accident Coverage:
- Participant liability coverage protects your organization or team, along with directors and supervisors, from lawsuits that can result if a player is severely injured.
- Participant accident insurance covers a player or coach who is injured in the course of a supervised sports activity. This includes games, practices, clinics, travel, and more.
Call us today at (845) 724-3031 or request a business insurance quote via our website!
For more information