Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
What is Business & Commercial Insurance?
Business insurance protects your investment by minimizing financial risks associated with unexpected events such as a death of a partner, an injured employee, a lawsuit, or a natural disaster.
Business insurance is a broad name for different coverages available to a business owner to protect against losses and to insure the continuing operation of the business. Generally, a wide range of protection is available for a business under a single policy.
Major Types of Business Insurance
General Liability Insurance
- A standard insurance policy issued to businesses to protect t hem against liability claims for bodily injury and property damage arising out of premises, operations, products, and completed operations; and advertising and personal injury liability.
Business Auto Insurance
- Covers any vehicles owned by or operated within a business. Its primary use is to provide financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise. It may also offer financial protection against theft of the vehicle and possibly damage to the vehicle, sustained from events other than traffic collisions.
Commercial Property Insurance
- Covers risk of loss to an organization's buildings or personal property. It usually includes buildings, personal property of the insured business or business owner, personal property of others on site and in the insured's possession.
Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Liability coverage that is in excess of other commercial insurance policies and also potentially primary insurance for losses not covered by other policies. When an insured business is liable to someone, the insured's primary insurance policies pay up to their limits. Any additional amount is paid by the umbrella policy up to its coverage limit.
Professional Liability Insurance
- Form of liability insurance that help protect professional advice and service-providing companies from bearing the full cost of defending against a negligence claim made by a client, and damages awarded in such a civil lawsuit. Also called errors & omissions (E&O) insurance.
Directors and Officers Insurance
- Type of liability insurance covering directors and officers for claims made against them while serving on a board of directors and/or as an officer. It can be written to cover the directors and officers of for-profit businesses, privately held firms, not-for-profit organizations, and educational institutions .
Business Owners' Package
- Insurance policy that combined protection from all major property and liability risks in one package. It combines all basic coverage required by a business owner into one bundle. It usually targeted towards small and medium-sized businesses and typically contains business interruptions insurance, which provides reimbursement for up to a year of lost revenue resulting from an insured property loss.
Commercial Package Policy
- Similar to a Business Owners Package, but geared towards larger businesses or a business that does not qualify for a Business Owners Policy. It combines all major property and liability risks in one package. There are a number of other coverages that you can include in the package such as commercial crime, equipment breakdown, business income and extra expense, cyber liability, etc.
- Form of insurance providing wage replacement and medical benefits to employees who are injured in the course of employment. The employee gives up his or her right to sue the employer for negligence. This policy must be purchased separately and is not part of a Business Owners Policy or Commercial Package Policy.
Types of Businesses We Insure
We write insurance for a wide variety of businesses and organizations which include: Auto Repair Shops; Auto Collision Shops; Pizzerias; Delis; Restaurants; Breweries, Wineries & Distilleries; Contractors; Electricians; Heating & Cooling; Pharmacies; Church; Farms; Gas Stations; Youth Sports Teams; and others.
There are too many risks to go without top quality commercial business insurance. There are many options available, which you will discuss with us when applying for business insurance. When you need business insurance, Pepe Insurance Agency makes it certain that you are getting the best possible deal along with the best possible protection.
Give us a call or request a business insurance quote today!
Read some of our business insurance blogs: