Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
Business insurance protects your investment by minimizing financial risks associated with unexpected events such as a death of a partner, an injured employee, a lawsuit, or a natural disease. Whether you are insuring a pizzeria, a deli, an auto repair shop, or a brewery, we can help you find the best insurance for your particular business. We understand that small business owners like you work hard every day, taking risks to better serve your customers, employ more people and strive to be successful. In order to accomplish these goals, your business needs to be protected everyday from various risks.
Since 1993, Pepe Insurance Agency has been providing business and commercial insurance to the residents of Poughquag and the surrounding areas within Dutchess County, NY. We pride ourselves on offering our customers responsive, competent and excellent customer service. Our customers are the most important part of our business. We work tirelessly to find you the best insurance at the best price for your particular business. We want to ensure your complete satisfaction, now and for as long you are our customer.
Business insurance is a broad name for different coverages available to the business owner to protect against losses and to insure the continuing operation of the business.
Types of Business Insurance Policies
General Liability Insurance
- Coverage that can protect a business organization from a variety of claims including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and others that can arise from business operations. General liability insurance policies usually include: bodily injury and property damage liability, personal and advertising injury, medical payments, products completed operations, and damage to premises.
Commercial Auto Insurance
- Covers cars, trucks, vans, and other vehicles owned by or operated within a business. Its primary use is to provide liability and physical damage protection for such vehicles.
Commercial Property Insurance
- Helps protect the building your business owns or leases as well as your business personal property, including tools and equipment, inventory, and furniture. It also includes coverage for assets like accounts receivable, computers, and lost income for when business operations are suspended due to a covered loss.
Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
- Liability insurance that covers directors and officers for claims made against them while serving on a board of directors and/or as an officer. D&O liability insurance can be written to cover the directors and officers of for-profit businesses, privately held firms, not-for-profit organizations, and educational institutions.
Business Owners Package (BOP)
- A package policy which combines several different types of insurance. BOPs include property insurance for buildings and contents owned by the company, business interruption insurance, and liability protection. BOPs do not cover professional liability, workers compensation, auto insurance, life insurance, or health and disability insurance. It is more geared towards covering small and mid-sized businesses.
Commercial Package Policy (CPP)
- This policy allows a business to bundle various types of coverage within a single policy. Whereas the BOP is geared more towards covering small businesses, the CPP is available for a wider range of businesses and can be better customized to the specific needs of your business. Most CPPs start with general liability and commercial property insurance. From there you can add on business auto insurance, business income insurance, business crime insurance, commercial umbrella insurance, equipment breakdown, commercial crime, pollution liability, etc. A CPP does not cover life insurance, D&O liability, health insurance, and workers compensation.
- Helps protect you and your company against a claim that professional advice or services you provided caused a client or customer financial harm due to mistakes on your business' part or because the business failed to perform some service.
- Insurance that covers medical expenses and a portion of lost wages for employees who become injured or ill on the job. Coverage also includes employee rehabilitation and death benefits.This policy is required by law in New York state and must be purchased separately. It is not sold as part of a package policy.
For More Information