Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
What is business auto insurance?
Business auto insurance is a policy that allows for business usage of a vehicle. If you or your employees use a vehicle to conduct your business operations, then you need business auto insurance. We cover vehicles used by:
- Electricians, plumbers and HVAC professionals
- Carpenters, painters and other contractors
- Landscapers and plow services
- Caterers and food vendors
- Auto repair shop owners
Business auto insurance policy coverages
Covers the insured's legal responsibilities in an accident or negligent act. Liability coverage pays for bodily injury or property damage to others, along with legal fees incurred by defending the insured in a lawsuit. Liability coverage is included in all policies and minimum limits are set by New York state law.
Physical Damage Coverage
Explains coverage for damage done to the insured's property, including any covered autos. Physical damage coverage is personalized to each commercial auto coverage form.
Business auto coverage forms
There are several coverage forms used with the commercial auto coverage part that provide protection for business owners. These coverage forms include:
- Business auto coverage form: Covers most commercial auto exposures, except truckers, garages, and motor carriers;
- Business auto physical damage coverage form: provides physical damage protection only for the insured's owned or hired business autos;
- Garage coverage form: used for businesses that regularly have autos of others in their car, custody, or control. These include auto dealerships, auto repair shops and service garages, and businesses that park vehicles for others;
- Motor carrier coverage form: used for truckers coverage.
Let us help you find the right value
Pepe Insurance Agency will help you find the right business auto insurance for your business. We will search through the many options available to find what fits you best. Give us a call or request a business auto quote today!
To learn more about business auto insurance, choose from the topics below.