Homeowners Insurance Information
Your home is probably the biggest investment you will make in your entire life. They cost a lot of money to buy and to just maintain. Your home is the center of your daily life and your most valuable asset. When your home is destroyed, it can be a life-shattering event. You need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands this.
You probably already know how much your home is worth and the value of the contents inside your home. But are you sure that you current insurance is enough to protect everything? How much would it cost if someone sues you and your personal assets are put at risk?
Pepe Insurance Agency can help you find the answers and offer you the best possible protection for your home.
Since 1993, Pepe Insurance Agency has been providing homeowners insurance to the residents of Poughquag and the surrounding areas within Dutchess County, NY. We pride ourselves on offering our customers responsive, competent and excellent customer service. Our customers are the most important part of our business. We work tirelessly to find you the best homeowners insurance for the best price. We want to ensure your complete satisfaction, now and for as long you are our customer.
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it. It also covers other structures on your property such as a detached garage.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Insurance for All Kinds of Homes
Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult with an agent like Pepe Insurance Agency to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you. Depending on where you live - a house, an apartment, or a condominium - the right homeowners insurance policy can provide you peace of mind as well as the money you need to repair or replace your home and belongings.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Questions To Ask Your Agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?]
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
For More Information
Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.